Summer Thailand Internship
For more than 20 years, students from the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment have participated on internships through a long-standing partnership with Maejo Univeristy in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
During Summer 2017, UK students have two internship options:
- Huai Hong Krai Royal Development Center
Funded by the King of Thailand, this center has crop (field crops, fruits, flowers, vegetables, and mushrooms), livestock (chickens and other birds), and fish production. There are also experiments with forestry management, irrigation systems, and other agricultural systems.
- Maejo University
Students may be paired with a faculty member in their area of interest. Faculty studies include agronomy, medicinal plant science, plant protection, agroforestry, animal science, biotechnology, food science, material science, renewable energy and more.
- Dates: June 16 - July 30, 2017
- Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Eligibility: All juniors and seniors
- Academic Credit: Independent study to be arranged (up to 7 hours earned)
- Housing Expenses covered
- Meal allowance included
- Students expenses only include airfare, UK Education Abroad fees, and personal spending money
Click here for more information and to apply.
Contact for More Information:
Mike Reed, Ph.D., Director of International Programs for Agriculture
firstname.lastname@example.org | 859-257-7259