Graduation Audit 

Prior to graduation, all students must complete a graduation audit with an advisor in the college.  This audit ensures that a student is on track to graduate.  Students may apply for their degree prior to their graduation audit.

Students in Dietetics, Family Sciences, Hospitality Management and Tourism, Human Nutrition or Merchandising Apparel and Textiles will meet with Louise Gladstone in 112 Erikson Hall.  All other students in the college will meet with Susan Skees in N8 of the Agricultural Science Building.  To schedule a graduation audit, access myUK > myInfo > myAppointments > College of Agriculture > Graduation Audit with Louise/Susan.  These appointments generally last 30 minutes. 

For addition questions related to graduation, contact one of the following based upon program classifications mentioned above: 

Susan Skees
N8 Agricultural Science Center 

Louise Gladstone
112 Erikson Hall

Graduation Application

Anticipated Graduation Date Degree Application Deadline
August February 28
December June 30
May  November 30 

Graduation FAQs

  • How and when do I apply for graduation?
    You must complete a degree application the semester before you graduate. You’ll complete your degree application via myUK; “myRecords”; “Apply for a Degree.” Specific deadlines can be found in the Agriculture Academic Calendar. If your major is Dietetics, Family & Consumer Sciences, Retailing & Tourism Management, or Human Nutrition please stop by 112 Erikson Hall to schedule an appointment with Louise Gladstone. Before coming to your appointment, please run a degree audit on APEX. Mrs. Gladstone will review your degree progress with you and answer any questions you may have. If your major is Agricultural Biotechnology, Agricultural Economics, Animal Sciences, Career & Technical Education - Ag. Education, Community & Leadership Development, Equine Science & Management, Food Science, Forestry, Landscape Architecture, Modern Agronomic Crop Production, Natural Resources & Environmental Science, Horticulture, Plant & Soil Science or Sustainable Agriculture you’ll meet with Susan Skees. You may schedule an appointment through myUK.

  • Do I need to sign up to walk at commencement/graduation ceremony?
    Yes, the University holds Commencement at Rupp Arena in May and December. Please go to to register in late October to register for the December commencement or late February to register for the May Commencement. Further information can be found at If you’re unable to attend you aren’t required to let anyone know.
  • Will I need a cap and gown?
    Yes, a cap and gown is required. You may purchase/order a cap and gown during Senior Salute or at the UK Bookstore.
  • What color tassel do I need?
    Agriculture students wear a Maize colored tassel.
  • How do I know if I’m graduating with honors?
    You may check your unofficial transcript and look at your cumulative GPA. The break- down is as follows:

3.4 – 3.6 cum laude

3.6 – 3.8 magna cum laude

3.8 – 4.0 summa cum laude

  • When and how will I receive my diploma?
    Diplomas are typically mailed out within 3-4 months of your degree completion. The diploma will be sent to the address you provided when you filled out your degree application via myUK.

< Back to Advising Resources 

< Back to Homepage