<< Back to FAQs 

  • When do I register?
    Registration windows are based on how many hours you have earned. If you are registered with the Disability Resource Center, classified as an athlete, are in the Honors Program, or are a veteran you may have an earlier registration window. To view your registration window you may refer to the current schedule book or login to myUK. Click “Plan and register for Courses.” Your window will be listed at the top of the screen.

  • How do I register?
    Login to myUK. Click “Plan and register for Courses.” Select the term you would like to register for on the top right side of the screen. You may now click on “Search Course Catalog” and enter the class prefix, class number and section number. If you are unsure of the section number you simply enter the class prefix or use the drop down option.              

  • What is the deadline for adding or dropping a class?
    For exact dates please refer to the University Academic Calendar. Typically, you may add a class during the first week of the semester and drop a class during the first three weeks. If you choose to drop a class after the last day a “w” (withdrawal) will be placed on your transcript.

  • Do I withdraw from a class?
    During the approved withdrawal period you may withdraw from a class for academic reasons. The date varies a little each semester, please visit the University Academic Calendar for specific dates. To withdraw, visit myUK, click ”Plan and register for Courses”, select the appropriate semester from the drop down box on the top right side of the screen, click on the edit button to the right of the class you wish to withdraw from. Click “drop course” highlighted in red. If it is after the approved time to withdraw from a class for academic reasons and you need to withdraw for a non-academic reason you may schedule an appointment with the Associate Dean for Academic Programs by calling 859-257-3469. This process will not work to withdraw from all of your classes (see FAQ: How can I withdraw from UK?)

  • Do I withdraw from UK?
    Prior to the last day to withdraw for academic reasons you may go to the Registrar’s office in 10 Funkhouser and fill out a form there. After the last date to withdraw for academic reasons, you will need to schedule an appointment by calling N24 Ag. Science North at 859-257-3468.

  • Will dropping a course affect my financial aid?
    It may, if you’re unsure, please contact Financial Aid at 859-257-3172.
  • I missed my priority registration window, now what?
    Priority registration is based on the number of credit hours you’ve already earned. If you’ve missed your priority registration window you will have other opportunities to register. Refer to myUK for your specific registration dates and times. Click “Plan and register for Courses.” Your registration window will be displayed on the screen.

  • How many credits can I take each semester?
    A full-time student may take 19 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters, 4 credit hours during Summer I and 9 credit hours during summer II. However, if you’re on academic probation the maximum number of credit hours you may take is: 15 hours during the fall and spring semesters, 3 credit hours during summer I and 7 credit hours during summer II. For a student in good standing with a strong GPA it may be possible to get a credit overload override by contacting the Advising Resource Center at 859-257-3468 or 859-257-2855. You may be required to schedule an appointment.

  • How do I find out what classes are being offered next semester?
    There are two ways to check which classes are being offered in the upcoming semester(s). You may check the registrar’s website. Click on “Students” on the left side of the page. Then click on “Registration” on the center of the page. You may also login to myUK, click “Plan and register for Courses;” “Search Course Catalog.”
  • What is a “wait list”?
    Some classes offer an electronic waitlist. A student may place him/herself on the waitlist. Once a seat in the class is available the student will automatically be enrolled in the order in which they are waitlisted. It’s important for the student to check on the waitlist to find out if they do get enrolled in the class. Contact the appropriate department for additional details. If a student is still on an electronic waitlist at the end of the last day to add a class (one week after classes begin), the student will be dropped from the waitlist. Please have a backup plan in place.

  • How do I request an override into a class?
    This is college and department specific. Please contact the college to find out what their override request procedure is. Within the College of Agriculture, Food, and Environment it’s best to contact the instructor. However, Agricultural Economics courses have an override coordinator; call 859-257-7264 and tell the person that answers that you’d like to request an override. You’ll be sent a form to fill out and return as soon as possible.

  • I received an override; how do I register for the class?
    If you’re told an electronic override was issued you may register for the course through myUK, as you usually would. Otherwise, please contact N24, Ag. Science Center North or 859-257-3468.