Advising and Academic Support
- Advising and registration services in Ag North have moved to room N-24 in the Ag Info Center. This move includes Jamie Dunn, Lesli Hall, Emily Morgan, and Megan Tennison from the Center for Student Success.
- The last day to drop a class is Friday, March 31. Students considering a withdraw should consult their academic advisor. For more information, click here.
Scholarship and Funding Opportunities
- The UK College of Agriculture, Food and Environment's scholarship for continuing students and transfer students is due in less than two weeks. For more information, click here.
- The UK Education Abroad Diversity Scholarship, worth up to $5,000, is due April 1. For more information, click here.
- Ten $1,000 scholarships will be awarded at Keeneland's Scholarship Day on Friday, April 7. For more information, click here.
- The Downtown Lexington Inc. is seeking interns for Summer and Fall 2017. Areas include special events, marketing and research, membership and business development, customer service, and public relations. For more information, click here.
- Lexington Environmental Youth Outreach (LEYO) has openings for elementary school Sustainability Mentors and general team leadership positions (programming, finance and external affairs). For more information, click here.
The Agricultural and Medical Biotechnology program will host a Stakeholders meeting on Wednesday, March 22 at 5:00pm at the Good Barn (Gorham Hall). Students, Mentors, Advisors, Instructors and anyone interested in joining this team including new faculty are invited to attend. Bring your ideas and share your opinions for making a great program even greater.
- The Student Dietetic and Nutrition Association will meet on Wednesday, March 22 at 5:00 in 305 Erikson Hall. All students welcome. For more information, click here.
- The Urban Forest Initiative is seeking potential exhibitors at the April 5 seminar “Moving Beyond the Native/Exotic Debate: Best Practices for a Healthy Urban Forest,” by Dr. Nina Bassuk of Cornell University. The 7:00 seminar will be preceded by a social hour at 6:00, with light refreshments served which is a great way to get the word out about your organization and meet/network with others of similar interests. Interested parties should email email@example.com by March 29.
- On Friday, March 24 from 11:00 to 3:00, the UK Horticulture Club will be selling tropical plants, herbs, and early season vegetable transplants. For more information about the sale and club, visit the UK Horticulture Club on Facebook.