Current and Transfer Student Scholarships
To be eligible for the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment scholarship, current students or transfer students must:
- Have a 2.6 cumulative GPA as of Fall 2016
- Hold a primary major in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during all semesters in which the scholarship(s) will apply
- Be willing to attend the College's Scholarship Luncheon in November 2017
- Complete the scholarship application by April 1
Timeline and Duration
Each application will be reviewed by the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment Scholarship Committee. The committee will decide if a scholarship will be awarded, and if so, the amount of the award. Recipients will be notified of award(s) during the summer.
College of Agriculture, Food and Environment scholarships are awarded for one academic year, in two equal amounts, for the fall and spring semesters. Students may re-apply for scholarships in the spring of each year. Transfer students who plan to enroll in the fall are also eligible.
Applicants must complete and submit their application no later than April 1. While completing the application, students must complete a personal statement that answers the following questions:
- Briefly describe your short- and long-term goals.
- How will your education in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment help you achieve those short- and long-term goals?
- What personal attributes make you a strong candidate for a scholarship from the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment?
- How would a scholarship from the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment help you to complete your education and to achieve your short- and long-term goals?
NOTE: While only one submission is needed, each application will automatically be considered for more than 200 college-specific scholarships based on criteria such as major, hometown, career aspirations and more.